We interrupt your regular broadcast to bring you this important message:
Sorry everyone, but there will be no #icant + #iknowican post today (as if you were even looking forward to that). As you may or may not know, the weather here on Guam was pretty crazy last week as Typhoon Neoguri passed us by and headed for Japan. We lucked out on that one, but Neoguri did some pretty harsh damage to Japan.
Just when the skies started clearing up during the week, we are again in the midst of a storm. What was considered a tropical depression has now been classified as a tropical storm this morning and it is expected to pass right over us tomorrow afternoon.
It is 12:20pm and Guam is currently under Condition of Readiness 2:
• Damaging winds may arrive within 24 hours.
• Close and secure shutters.
• Fill containers with water.
• Move vehicles to a secure and protected area.
• Review family disaster plan with entire family.
• Seek emergency shelter if your home is not fully concrete or prepared to withstand damaging winds.
• Tune in to radio and/or television.
Hoping this will pass by quickly and not cause so much damage. I'll be heading home in a bit to lock up and get shit together. I'll try to update over the weekend, if the power doesn't go out and cut us off from the rest of the world!
Till next time, peeps!