Well, look who didn’t even get a post up on the first day of the year? Hahaha. This New Year’s Eve was much more mellow and relaxed than last year. We spent time with our friends in the evening, then went home and relaxed until 12am. Actually, Joey and Chloe had both slept through the New Year, Aniyah and Trace sat outside watching the neighbors pop off their canons, and I watched Benched and Law & Order: SVU. We all ended up sleeping by 12:30am.
On New Year’s Day we woke up and headed straight for the beach. The sun was out and the water was perfect. We couldn’t have asked for nicer weather…okay, maybe a cool breeze would have been nice. After that, we headed home for lunch (because we only live 2 minutes away from the beach) and did a few chores before heading to a New Year’s Day party where we ate, drank and had some good laughs with friends and family.
I had planned to write a post when I got home last night but the internet was acting up and I was too tired and too full to try and reset the modem and figure it out. Oh, well.
So, for my very first post of 2015 I figured I’d do a fun facts type of thing. A lot has changed since last year and there are a lot of new faces along with some of my ride-or-die homies so I figured it be a chance for you all to get to know a few more things about me.
Anyway, so here’s my list of 15 5’s! Sorry, I know this post is super lengthy, but at least there’s a giveaway at the end, right?
Names people call me other than my real name:
Places I’ve been other than where I’ve lived:
Positions I’ve held:
1. Restaurant Hostess at Pietro’s Guam
2. Independent Presenter for Younique
3. Sales Associate at GUESS? and Tropical Rush
4. Guest Service Agent at Talofofo Golf Course
5. Legal Assistant
Movies I’ve watched at least 15 times:
1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s (this is my feel-better movie – I watch it when I’m feeling sick)
2. The Sweetest Thing
3. Beyond Paradise
4. Hot Rod
5. Moulin Rouge, RENT, Chicago – basically any kind of musical movie
Foods I don’t eat:
4. Any part of an animal that isn’t actual meat (tongue, feet, ears, intestines, etc.)
5. Most vegan alternatives (vegan chili, vegan burgers, etc.)
Foods I LOVE:
1. Spaghetti, Lasagna, Salami – Italian EVERYTHING
2. All cheeses
3. Mexican food
4. Asian foods (sushi, chow mein, roast duck, kalbi, meat jun, etc.)
5. Bacon above everything
Things people are surprised about when I tell them:
1. My age.
2. That I have 3 kids.
3. That my sister and I are 7 years apart and NOT twins.
4. That I eat as much as I do.
5. I curse a shitload.
Things I couldn’t even do to save my life:
1. A cartwheel.
2. Twist my tongue.
3. Eat without spilling or dropping something on myself.
4. Whistle properly.
5. French braid.
Things that irritate me:
4. No reception!
Habits that I have:
1. Crossing my legs.
3. Impulse buying.
4. Constantly checking myself in the mirror.
Phrases I say all the time:
1. Is it weird that…
2. Okie dokes.
3. I know, right?
My go-to karaoke songs:
1. Listen – Beyonce
2. Love on Top – Beyonce
3. I Have Nothing – Whitney Houston
4. Cheers (Drink to That) – Rihanna
5. Badfish – Sublime
Things I’m scared of:
2. Roller coasters and thrill rides.
3. Creepy strangers.
4. Public bathrooms.
5. Deep frying.
Most prized material possessions:
1. Pokemon video games.
2. Kimono cardigans.
5. Strappy things (shoes, bras, tops, etc.)
So, now that you’ve learned some weird things about me, what about you? What does your list look like? Tell me!
And of course, don’t forget to enter this super awesome giveaway!...